Thanks to Niyi Olopade, founder of The Novice Kitchen, for creating this slow cooked beef spaghetti with Islands dark chocolate, making for an intensely rich and decadent dish.
1 can of chopped tomatoes
250g bacon lardons
400g diced beef shin
1 stock cube
1 clove of garlic
1 fresh chilli
1 glass red wine (175ml)
Salt & Pepper
- Season the beef with salt, pepper and mixed herbs
- Fry the lardons in a pot until crispy, then remove and set aside
- In the same pot, fry the seasoned beef until brown - this will help seal the flavours
- Once the beef has browned off, add the onion, garlic and chilli and fry for 2 minutes, then pour in the glass of red wine and cook for 1 minute to burn off the alcohol.
- Pour in the can of tomatoes, and season to taste with salt, pepper, mixed herbs and stock cube. Cook this for 20 minutes on a medium heat
- Add Islands dark chocolate and water
- Cook on a low heat for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, dinner is ready to be served!