This fail-safe pumpkin chocolate chip oaty protein bar recipe may be a mouthful, but we guarantee it's a tasty one. If pumpkins aren't your thing, you can always sub in banana.
1 cup pumpkin purée (or mashed banana)
100g coconut sugar
50g coconut oil, melted
1 egg (or flax egg - mix 1 tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp water)
1 tsp vanilla essence
35g jumbo oats (or gf oats)
100g oat flour (I blend more jumbo oats)
55g vanilla vegan protein powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin spice (or more cinnamon)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC and line a cake tin (a square 7x7 tin works well).
- If making the vegan version, make your flax egg and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, oat flour, protein powder, spices, baking powder, bicarb and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together pumpkin, coconut oil, coconut sugar, flax egg and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients in to the dry, combine, and then fold through the chocolate drops (if mixture is too dry, add a little water).
- Spread the mixture in to your baking tin and add a few extra chocolate drops on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until just set - don’t over-bake, you want it on the gooey side.
- Let it cool, slice, and enjoy slightly warm.
- Thanks to Sally Beck (@foodiefittwinmummy) for this wonderful recipe.