200g butter melted and then cooled for at least 5 minutes
128g light brown sugar tightly packed
2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
320g all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 /2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
128g Cocoa & Hazelnut spread
- Preheat the oven to 175C and prepare a baking pan by lining with parchment paper
- Get out an ice cube tray and fill each cube with our Cocoa & Hazelnut spread then place in the freezer
- Melt your butter over a medium heat in a pan
- Combine your melted (cooled) butter and sugars in a large bowl, stir well
- Add eggs, and egg yolk one at a time, stirring well after each addition
- Stir in vanilla extract
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet until completely combined
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan
- Get your cubes of Cocoa & Hazelnut spread out of the freezer and spread evenly throughout the batter lightly pressing them down. Use a butter knife to swirl some more spread on top of the batter for extra hazelnut deliciousness.
- Transfer to the oven and bake on 175C for 25 minutes or until edges just begin to turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving. Enjoy!