Recipe for Success (Makes 9):
• 68g plain flour
• Pinch of salt
• 170g Islands 65% dark chocolate bar, broken into pieces or go for Islands 65% Buttons
• 170g unsalted butter
• 1tsp instant coffee
• 3 large eggs, at room temp
• 200g sugar
• 60g walnuts, slightly broken
1. Preheat the oven to 150c.
2. Line a square baking tin with foil, then lightly grease the foil with butter. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, sift in the flour then stir in the salt. Set aside.
4. Add the chocolate to a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Melt the chocolate slowly & gently.
5. Once melted, remove the bowl from the heat, stir in the butter & coffee until fully combined.
6. In a large mixing bowl with an electric whisk or in a stand mixer, beat the eggs & sugar together for 2 mins on a medium speed. They should be light, pale & fluffy.
7. Lower the speed & slowly pour in your chocolate and butter mix until you have a thick, creamy batter.
8. Add the flour & salt then whisk for just 30 seconds on a low speed. Gently fold in the remaining flour that isn’t incorporated along with the walnuts.
9. Pour the batter into your pan & bake for 30-40 mins until the top is cracked & an inserted skewer comes out just clean.
10. Let brownies cool in the foil then serve warm. Lightly re-warm in microwave if you need to.