This tropical treat tastes just like a Bounty and is deceptively a lot healthier than it looks.
Pancake Ingredients (enough for 6):
115g self raising flour
5 tbsp coconut flour
3 tbsp dark brown muscovado sugar
2 tbsp raw cacao (you can use Islands cacao nibs melted down for top top flavour and creaminess)
320ml dairy-free milk
250g coconut yoghurt
Handful of Islands Vegan Chocolate Buttons
Handful of raspberries
Toasted coconut chips
1. Add all of your pancake ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until well combined
2. Heat a frying pan on a high heat with a little oil and add 2-3 spoonfuls of the pancake batter to the pan at a time, spreading it evenly across the base of the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden and then flip. You'll know they are ready to flip when small bubbles start appearing on the surface.
3. Once all pancakes are cooked, fold each one in half, and then in half again. Fill with the coconut yoghurt, chocolate, raspberries and coconut chips.
4. Finally finish the plate with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and extra grated chocolate
• You can use frozen raspberries instead of fresh
• If you have time, leave the pancake batter to sit for 5 minutes before making the pancakes. It'll allow the dry ingredients to absorb the liquid.
• Keep some of your chocolate back so you can grate some over the top of the finished dish