Ingredients Lemon Brioche:
In a bowl add flour, sugar, salt and lemon zest in a separate bowl pour warm water, egg and yeast and whisk together chuck flour mix into a bowl and start to mix on medium.
Ingredients Chocolate Spread:
Ingredients Cinnamon Glaze:
To build bread:
- Grease two 2¼-lb/1kg loaf pans (9x4 inch/23x10) with oil and line the bottom of each pan with waxed paper.
- Divide dough in half and keep one half covered in the fridge.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and shape into a rectangle measuring 15x11 inches (38x28 cm).
- Position dough so that a long side is closest to you.
- Using an offset spatula, spread half of the chocolate mixture over the rectangle, leaving a ¾ inch/2 cm border all around.
- Shaping the dough: Use both hands to roll up the rectangle like a roulade, starting from the long side closest to you and ending at the other long end.
- Press to seal the dampened end onto the roulade, then use both hands to even out the roll into a perfect thick cigar.
- Rest the cigar on its seam rim about ¾ inch/2 cm off both ends of the roulade with a serrated knife.
- Then use the knife to gently cut the roll in half lengthwise, starting at the top and finishing at the seam, essentially dividing the log into two long even halves, with the layers of dough and filling visible along the length of both halves.
- With the cut sides facing up, gently press together one end of each half, then lift the right half over the left half.
- Repeat this process, but this time lifting the left half over the right, to create a simple two-pronged plait.
- Gently squeeze together the other ends so that you are left with the two halves, intertwined, showing the filling on top.
- Carefully lift the cake into a loaf pan.
- Don’t worry if there are gaps in the pan since the cake will rise and will eventually look fine, even if you feel like it’s messy at this point.
- Cover the pan loosely with plastic wrap or a wet tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place
- Bake immediately at 200C - 20-30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean with no dough attached.
- Cool on wire rack then brush over Cinnamon Glaze.