Try these juicy chicken mole tacos by Caleb Cambridge (@calebcambridge)
Ingredients:1.2kg boneless + skinless chicken thighs
900ml good quality chicken stock
500ml orange juice
750g sliced onions
200g almond flakes
6 garlic cloves
4 tsp cumin
4 tsp coriander seeds
1.5 tsp oregano
3 red chilli (seeds removed if you don’t want it too spicy)
100g Islands chocolate 100% buttons
To serve -Tortillas
Any vegetables (onions and tomato work great)
1. Add little oil to a large deep frying pan and start to brown off the chicken thighs, once they have a deep brown colour add the chicken stock followed by the orange juice. Cover the pan and simmer for 30 mins.
2. Meanwhile sauté your onions on a high heat till golden brown, reduce the heat and add the almonds, garlic, cumin and coriander seeds cook till the almonds are golden brown about 2 mins. Add the chilli and cook for a further 2 mins.
3. Remove the chicken from the liquid and put to on side adding the chicken stock to your onion mix. Add the raisins and oregano to your pan and simmer for 30 mins, remove from the heat and add your chocolate mix up till it's all melted. Leave this to cool for 10 to 15 mins.
4. Now blend the sauce, season to your preference and add shredded chicken. I highly recommend letting this sit overnight for the flavours to develop.
5. Heat the mixture back up and serve with warm tortillas and any toppings you fancy.