Made by the amazing Anna Janecka (anna_janecka), this is a traditional Polish cake called Mazurek.
Anna says "This sweet sheet cake is a must in Poland on Easter."
300 g all-purpose flour
200 g unsalted butter
70 g icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla sugar
3 egg yolks
Chocolate glaze -
100 g Islands Dark Chocolate Buttons
1/4 cup of milk
1. Add diced butter, powdered sugar and vanilla sugar to the flour. Stir with your fingertips or with the paddle (paddle) of a planetary mixer.
2. Gradually scoop the flour inside or keep mixing with an electric mixer until the dough starts to lump.
3. Add the yolks and knead the dough until the ingredients combine until smooth. Wrap in foil and put in the fridge for approx. 1-2 hours.
4. Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper to make a cake measuring approx. 20 x 30 cm.
5. Punch the bottom with a fork and put it in the fridge for approx. 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
6. Put in the form with the dough and bake for about 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown.
Although it is traditionally for Easter, we think this is a all year round type of cake.
For the chocolate glaze: put the chocolate broken into cubes into a bowl, pour the milk and melt in a microwave or water bath, stir until smooth.