Thanks to Caleb Cambridge (@calebcambridge) for this divine recipe.
Biscuit base175g digestive biscuits
1 tbsp cocoa powder
85g melted butter
2 tbsp horlick powder
Chocolate torte225g Islands chocolate buttons 75%
160g ground almonds
150g dried breadcrumbs
225g unsalted butter
240g caster sugar
6 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
Ganache110g Islands chocolate buttons 75%
225ml double cream
125g icing sugar
4 tbsp horlicks powder
Preheat your oven to 160c and line a 24cm cake tin with baking paper.
1. Blend the digestives, cocoa powder and horlicks powder in a food processor then add your melted butter to for a biscuit base, line this mixture into your tin.
1. For the torte filling, melt your chocolate over a bain-marie then add the almonds and breadcrumbs till
2. Cream the butter and sugar then add eggs 1 at a time and finish with the vanilla. Mix the butter and
chocolate mixtures together till combined.
3. Pour into your cake tin and bake for 40 to 50 mins. Allowing to cool in the tin for a few hours.
1. Once the torte is cooled start to make your ganache. Combine the cream, icing sugar and horlicks
powder into a pan then bring to a boil.
2. Put your chocolate into a heatproof bowl and pour the boiling cream over this, continue whisking till
the chocolate is melted, pour over the torte and allow to set.
Serve with whatever you fancy! Strawberries and creme fraiche work really well.