HALO OF CHOCOLATE HEAVEN
Perfect dessert to get everyone a little high on life - a combination of baileys and rich dark chocolate will do that to you.
Ingredients for the Irish Cream Chocolate Cake:
1 cup Unsalted Butter
1½ cups Water
2 tsp Instant Espresso
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
2 large Eggs
1½ cups Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ cup Baileys Irish Cream
Ingredients for the Chocolate Ganache Glaze:
½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
Method for the Irish Cream Chocolate Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F and generously grease a 10 cup Bundt cake pan and then dust it with cocoa powder.
2. In a small saucepan, combine 1½ cups of water and one cup (two sticks) of unsalted butter and heat it over medium-low heat until the butter melts. No need to let it boil.
3. Add ½ cup Islands Chocolate cocoa powder
and two teaspoons of instant espresso powder to the water-butter mixture and mix thoroughly. The cocoa powder and the espresso should completely dissolve in the warm mix. Keep aside to let it cool.
4. Shift together two cups of all-purpose flour, one teaspoon of baking soda, one teaspoon of baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
5. Into a stand mixing bowl combine two large eggs and 1½ cups of sugar. Beat with the electric stand mixing beater until fluffy.
6. Add the cooled cocoa powder-butter-water mix to the sugar mixture. Beat for another minute.
7. Add one teaspoon of vanilla extract and ½ cup of Baileys Irish Cream to the sugar mixture bowl, beat for another few seconds.
8. Slowly add the sifted flour mixture, and gently fold it in with a spatula.
9. Once all the flour is incorporated, pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan. Tap gently to release any air bubbles.
10. Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let it cool completely before glazing.
Method for the Chocolate Ganache Glaze:
1. Heat ½ cup of heavy whipping cream over medium heat until it starts to steam. (Or microwave it for 50 seconds.) Remove from heat.
2. Add ½ cup of 75% Islands Chocolate chips,
one teaspoon of vanilla extract, and one tablespoon of Baileys Irish Cream to hot, steaming (but not boiling) heavy whipping cream. Leave undisturbed for 5 minutes.
3. After 5 minutes, mix the chocolate mixture with a spatula until the chocolate chips are completely melted and the glaze is shiny and smooth.
4. Place the cooled cake over a cooling rack and drizzle the ganache glaze all over the cake. Let the glaze tickle down the sides.
Thanks to Anna Janecka (@anna_janecka) for creating this beautiful bundt cake with Islands Chocolate, as well as her stunning photography.