These gooey chocolate fudge brownies are everything you want in a brownie - fudgey, dark and chocolatey (not to mention, made using our seed-to-bar, entirely sustainable Islands chocolate).
Thanks to Toby from The Little French Kitchen (@thelittlefrenchkitchen) for cooking up this gooey storm using our choccy. He says: "serve these brownies warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you’ll understand what happiness is."
We'll take your word for it Toby, let's bake!
225g/8oz butter (preferably unsalted
450g/1lb caster sugar
140g/5oz Islands dark chocolate, broken into pieces or using our buttons.
5 free-range medium eggs
110g/4oz plain flour
55g/2oz cocoa powder
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Line a 20x30cm/8x12in baking tin with baking paper.
- Gently melt the butter and the sugar together in a large pan. Once melted, take off the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until melted.
- Beat in the eggs, then stir in the flour and the cocoa powder.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin and bake for 30–35 minutes, or until the top of the brownie is just firm but there is still a gentle wobble in the middle.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the tin. Cut the brownies into 5cm/2in squares when only just warm, or completely cool.